RoboCamp @ RIT is our week-long day camp that lets students design, build, and program robots. This camp is enriched with mini-projects and week-long goals that promote team-work and creativity. Along with the mini-projects, instructors teach the students some of the fundamental aspects of robotics and programming.
We are currently offering three age/skill levels for RoboCamp please read below to know which level is best for your student.
Quick Details About the Camp
- Held @ Rochester Institute of Technology
- Will be held in the James E. Gleason Building (Building 09) – Room 3200
- 1 Week Duration Day Camps
- Mondays – Fridays
- Drop-off time: 8:30am – 9:30am
- Pick-up time: 4:00pm – 4:30pm
- Camp competition will be held on Fridays (time is TBA usually 1:00pm)
- Beginner, Advanced and Expert Level RoboCamps offered.
- Lunch is provided
- All needed materials are provided to used during the camp.
- Age Requirement (Rising 4-6 grades)
- No prior knowledge required!
- Build Lego-Based Robot from Instructions
- Learn to Program Robot
- Learn how to use motors and sensors
- Complete mini-tasks to solve common robotics problems
- Team-based Competition
- Age Requirement (Rising 6-8 grades)
- Beginner level of knowledge required.
- Build Multiple Lego-Based Robot Designs
- Learn more Advanced Programming
- Build on existing motor and sensor knowledge
- Complete more complex mini-tasks
- Advanced Team-based Competition
- Age Requirement (Rising 8-10 grades)
- Does not use Lego Minstorms
- Light programming skills required.
- Construct Non-Lego Based Robot
- Learn to interface and program an Arduino Microcontroller
- Use real-world senors and motors
- Create your own Sensor!
- Final day demonstrations.