Mobile App Development
Mobile App Development @ RIT is our week-long summer day camp that lets students design and develop a mobile app for Android OS. This camp is enriched with mini-tasks and week-long goals that promote programming skills and creativity. Along with the mini-tasks, instructors teach the students some of the fundamental aspects of Mobile App Development.
We are currently offering Beginner camp level for Mobile App Development. Below are quick details and the outline of the Beginner camp.
Quick Details About the Camp
- Monday – Friday
- Drop Off Time: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Pick Up Time: 4:30 – 5:00 pm
- Beginner level offered
- All needed materials are provided to the campers during the camp.
- The campers will use the tablet during camp. The tablet will be gifted to the camper after the camps.Therefore, they can continue developing their own mobile apps.
- The instructions will be given using a web based Mobile App Development environment called App Inventor, developed by MIT.
- The Age Requirement below for the camp is not restrictive. Anyone from 6th-10th grade can register. It shows the teaching level of the camp and what age groups it was designed for.
- Age Requirement (Rising 6th-10th grades)
- Some programming experience is recommended but not required.
- Learn basic knowledge about variables, control statements, loops
- Learn basic property of widgets (Button, Label, Image, etc.)
- Learn how to design a user interface
- Learn how to compile and install app on a tablet
- Final Competition (Best Mobile App)