RoboCamp @ RIT is our week-long day camp that lets students design, build, and program robots. This camp is enriched with mini-projects and week-long goals that promote team-work and creativity. Along with the mini-projects, instructors teach the students some of the fundamental aspects of robotics and programming.
We are currently offering four age/skill levels for RoboCamp please read below to know which level is best for your student
Quick Details About the Camp
- 1 Week Duration Day Camps
- Mondays – Fridays
- Morning Session : 9:45 am – 12:00 PM
- Afternoon Session: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Beginner, Advanced and Expert Level RoboCamps offered.
- All needed materials are provided to used during the camp.
- The Age Requirement below for the camps is not restrictive. Anyone from 4th-10th grade can register (except K-5 camp). It shows the teaching level of the camp and what age groups it was designed for.
- Age Requirement (Rising 4-6 grades)
- No prior knowledge required!
- Build Lego-Based Robot from Instructions
- Learn to Program Robot
- Learn how to use motors and sensors
- Complete mini-tasks to solve common robotics problems
- Age Requirement (Rising 6-8 grades)
- Beginner level of knowledge required.
- Build Mbot robot from scratch.
- Learn more Advanced Programming
- Build on existing motor and sensor knowledge
- Complete more complex mini-tasks
- Age Requirement (Rising 8-10 grades)
- Does not use Lego Mindstorms
- Light programming skills required.
- Construct Non-Lego Based Robot
- Learn to interface and program an Arduino Microcontroller
- Use real-world senors and motors
We are not offering K5 camp this year, due to unusual circumstances. Please contact us if you have any question. email@example.com