RoboWeekend @ RIT is our weekend workshops that lets students design, build, and program robots using Lego Mindstorm kits. We currently offer two levels of the weekend workshops for Beginners and more Advanced students. Both are focused around a friendly competition where students use the learned aspects of robotics and programming to accomplish goals within the competition.
Please read below to know which level is best for your student.
Quick Details About RoboWeekend Workshops
- Held @ Rochester Institute of Technology
- Will be held in the James E. Gleason Building (Building 09) – Room TBA
- Drop-off time: 9:00am
- Pick-up time: 5:00 pm
- Camp competition held on last workshop day.
- Beginner and Advanced Level RoboWeekend offered.
- Lunch is provided
- All needed materials are provided to used during the camp.
Beginner (2-day Workshop)
- Age Requirement (Rising 4-8 grades)
- No prior knowledge required!
- Day 1 – Instruction, learn to build, program and use sensors.
- Day 2 – Use Day 1 knowledge to construct/program Robot for competition.
- Build Lego-Based Robot from Instructions
- Learn to Program Robot
- Learn how to use motors and sensors
Advanced (1-day Workshop)
- Age Requirement (Attended Beginner or Approval)
- Beginner level of knowledge required.
- Single day. Build and program Robot with instructors assistance.
- Learn more Advanced Programming
- Build on existing motor and sensor knowledge
- Advanced Team-based Competition
- Age Requirement (Rising 8-10 grades)
- Does not use Lego Minstorms
- This workshop is still in development